Swagman



Since I have moved into the village I have had lot so of requests for cards, some a little unusual, most of them a challenge but I think this was up there with one of the most unusual. 
A man who lives here asked if I could reproduce this sketch into some form of art work . 
His Grandfather had come to Australia many, many years ago and  lived the life of a swagman travelling Queensland looking for work.
He had written a book of his travels and drawn this sketch and placed it in the  back of the book.
I am no drawer or painter but I really wanted to do something for this man.
I water coloured the background, then used various dies for the trees, house, windmill and wagon. The outhouse and lean to shed were cut freehand and the swagman is a printed image which I coloured. I added some flower soft  to the trees and the gardens .
He was very happy with the finished product.









 

Comments

loz said…
The finished piece is Fabulous Kaye.. He must be overjoyed with the result..Loz

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Mad Monthly Swap

Lego London