Anzac Day in our Village

 


Last year due to Covid we were asked to stand in the driveways of our homes to pay our respects to the Anzacs.
My neighbour and I decided to go a bit further and try to organise a small service along the main street outside our homes.
So, with only three days to pull it all together we set about having the road marked with social distancing, organised the sound system for Last post and Revellie, some Aussie  music for after the service and the flag raising ceremony.
One of our ladies made packs of Anzac biscuits and I made poppies for everyone. 
We had about 120 + people from the village attend and it was a lovely morning.

So this year we have been approached to do it again.
This year I have increased to amounts of flowers I made and also added a book tag for each home. 
So during the past few weeks I have made 186 flowers and 150 tags and also two wreaths to hang on my front deck.. 
This year we are also had a sausage sizzle breakfast after our service. 

Here are a few photos 






Comments

loz said…
Beautiful photos and great idea Kaye. As we are in lockdown we did the driveway service again...Loz

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Mad Monthly Swap

Lego London